Saturday, May 15, 2010

Change is inevitable

I am completely ready for the changes that God has in store for our family! We are moving by the end of the month (provided all goes well with the house!)- Praise the Lord!!! I have not seen the inside of the house yet, I just know if it has a bathroom, kitchen, an area to sleep and is habitable then we can jump in! If it's large enough maybe we will have a cook-out to kick off our new place to live. It's about time!

This week has been interesting to say the least. I had an interview with an interpreting agency and am scheduled to be evaluated to see where my skills are. Of course, I am very nervous! I really don't know where my skills are as of now and I don't really know where I can get a job Signing to help improve my skills! I had two sleep studies done this week. I was praying that after the first night the tech would let me know I didn't need to come back for the second night, unfortunately it didn't work out that way. I didn't sleep almost at all at either of them and today I have a raging headache from the cpap machine that they tested on me last night.

Today was supposed to be the morning that I run the Susan B. Komen 5K. Sadly, I was informed I shouldn't do the race this morning. I was completely bummed out. My told me "it's ok, there will always be other races." Which is very true, I am just bummed out. I have been training for THIS specific race since August 2009 and registered months ago, and sadly I had to bail out. It sucks!! I was excited, just the experience alone would have been phenomenal!! There was supposed to be a record of 50,000 people to show up! :(

I feel really lost right now since I don't really feel comfortable interpreting but I need to continue my skills. The optimal job would to have a job signing for the majority of my day. I can't lose my skills! I am really trying to pray about it, and be patient. I know all in His time I will hear. But I feel so lost and useless.

Grace and Noah's spring program for school was adorable. Their best friend, Jonah, was in it this time. All of them did a fantastic job and were so cute! Grace's last day EVER of preschool is May 27th and then later that night she will "graduate" from preschool. I can't believe she is so old now. I can't believe I am so old now! It's a bitter- sweet feeling all in itself!

JC is still struggling to find a job! We are struggling, but getting by I suppose. I know God has us under His wing. I want to know that we will be ok, but I just have to trust that we will be! That's my downfall- trusting.

More updates coming I presume! Have an awesome weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment