Monday, April 26, 2010








Ode to the world!! What a very interesting past few months! Long time, no update, so sorry!

Since February things have gone astray. Let's just say that life has gone from complicated, got worse and is now all about keeping ourselves afloat. God seems to have a lot of confidence in us that we won't fail Him, so we are doing all we can to keep above the water!

Our living arrangements have not changed. We are where we are, you would think I would have accepted this by now... Grace is now 5 years old and is smart as a whip. She was recently tested for Kindergarten at a private school here in town and did very well. No worries. Lots of prayers that things will go as planned and that we can provide tuition! Noah's 4th birthday is Sunday, May 2, and we are excited for him to turn 4 years old. And yet, I am sad because he is no longer a baby. I have known this for some time now; It's hard to see your little one getting older! Why didn't anyone tell me these years go by so quickly!?!?!?! *wink wink*

Jobs.... ho hum.... I feel useless. I went to school for this career and cannot even make it just barely. Of course, I feel like a failure. I feel it every day. I just keep praying that I hear what God wants me to do with my life right now.

Goals? Well, this past Saturday, April 24 I ran my first 5K!!!! I couldn't believe I made it! I couldn't believe I got to the end, I ran the whole way, I didn't collapse, and I wasn't last! I don't really know exactly what "good time" is for a first timer, or for a 5K, but my time was 37 minutes and 15 seconds! I have a time to beat and a goal to work towards for my next 5K which will be May 15! I am trying to keep the ball rolling so that I don't give up! I enjoy having a goal to work towards again, and I am excited to train with my friend, Julie- we used to be neighbors....way back when we lived on our own!

My sister in law and brother are expecting their first baby, due June 8th! I have a nephew from my brother's first marriage, but this baby will be a girl. And I know my nephew is already an awesome sibling to have! He is going to protect her with every bit of strength he has!
And finally, my mom will graduate May 8 with her BSN!! She has been working her rear- end off for so long! She got her LPN way back when I was a young child, when I went to college she also went back to get her RN. I had Grace. Then she graduated with her RN and started back at school after we dealt with my sickness and having Noah. So she is long over due for this occasion! I am so proud of her! Now she won't know what to do with herself!

Here are a few pics of Noahs's birthday pictures,My new hair cut- 8 inches off, Grace pretending she is pregnant- which is a daily ritual here, and my crossing the finish line victory look, maybe I can fit a pic of the kids and I, as well :D

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures! And I love training with you as well. You know we've had a rough year as well with Richard's job loss and we just have to keep the faith. God works in his time not ours so you just have to believe that everything will be ok.

    ReplyDelete